Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Times Square!

Guess what has opened in Suzhou! Times Square Shopping Mall! The new shopping mall is large and has a Burger King, Dairy Queen and other fast food eateries to choose from. Jim and I made our trip to the BK and savored the familiar taste of a Whopper, Fries and Coke. Yum -- at least for the first thirty minutes after we had consumed our meals. Shortly thereafter, I was in search of Rolaids or Tums. You can guess that I didn't find what I needed to cure the overindulged tummy ache. I did however, enjoy a nice hot cup of ginger tea. The ginger root has so many healthy properties. I have discovered that cooking with ginger is quick and easy and brings great flavor to just about any dish.

I will do my best to get the camera slung over my shoulder and take a few pictures of the new shopping mall. The area is very family friendly and boasts of kiddie play lands complete with a small indoor train ride, carousel, and mini-prehistoric dinosaur land! The Spring and Summer months promise to bring crowds to the area. I am looking forward to taking the ferry boat ride and my turn on the jumbo Ferris wheel!

Check back with the blog site soon for pictures!

No comments: