Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fred & Ethel Escape!

Well - they did it! I had been warned that they could escape -- but I doubted they would. To my surprise I came home yesterday to find Fred & Ethel walking through the apartment. They looked so surprised when I opened the door! They had been wandering around the entire apartment all morning!

It was quite humorous to see them turn and look at me as if to say, "Yeah - we are out of our cage!" Upon inspection of the cage I found they had slightly lifted the door and made their exit. Neither one of them offered any resistance to returning to their home. They chirped and dined on seed and an apple slice. They were still singing when Jim arrived home from work.

Jim and I both think they are plotting to make the next escape! I have given them a bit more of a challenge to overcome next time around. If they can get the binder clip off the gate.......

No comments: